Afridelight is super natural functional food. It is masterful blended composite flour made from the rarest species of whole wheat grains and mature unripe plantain. It is rich in B vitamins, such as thiamin, folate, and vitamin B6, and the minerals magnesium, zinc, and manganese.
Health Benefits of Afridelight
It helps builds and strengthens stronger bones.
Afridelight is rich in calcium which is the essential mineral needed for stronger bones, muscles, nails and teeth. A regular healthy meal with Afridelight inclusive will prevent diseases such as osteoporosis which involves the weakening of the bones and causes fractures.
More Than a Meal Series
Afridelight Pizza Toppings
Afridelight MEDITERRANEAN PIZZA
- For the quick pizza dough:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (do not sift)
- 1 cup Afridelight flour (do not sift)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes (cherry, heirloom or other), cubed
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- A few sprigs of fresh oregano (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl mix flours with salt, oregano and baking powder.
- Add milk and olive oil and stir with a fork until the dough comes together.
- Dust your work surface with flour and transfer the dough there. You don’t have to knead it, just roll out into a circle about 15 inches (38 cm) in diameter. If it’s sticky, dust with more flour.
- Transfer it to a greased pan.
- Mix the tomato paste with water and pepper and spread it onto the dough.
- Top with feta cheese and the rest of the ingredients except the oregano.
- Bake at the lower shelf of your oven for 20-30 minutes, until vegetables are caramelized.
- Sprinkle with oregano and eat!
Afridelight VEGGIE LOVERS PIZZA
AMOUNT FOR 8 SERVINGS
- 500g fresh stir-fry vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, multicolored bell peppers, red and white onions, and courgettes, cut small
- 2cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 100g pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 2tbsp tapenade
- 2tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 x 12inch prepared thin Afridelight pizza crust
- 50g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat some oil in a large skillet and sauté the vegetables and garlic for 2-5 mins. Mix the tomato sauce, tapenade and sun-dried tomatoes and spread the mixture mixture on the pizza crust. Top with the cooked vegetables and cheese and put the pizza directly onto the middle shelf of the oven and bake it for 10-15 mins. Cut the pizza into 8 pieces and serve.
Afridelight Spinach, Tomato & Roasted Garlic Pizza
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1¾ – 2¼ cups Afridelight flour
- 1 (1/4-oz) envelope pizza yeast (I used Fleischmann’s brand)
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120º – 130ºF)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice ½” off the top of the garlic head and place cut side up on a piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil and a bit of water. Wrap up in foil and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add water and 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix until blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour until a soft ball is formed. Dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Knead dough on a floured surface, adding more flour if needed. About 4 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Pat dough to fill out greased pizza pan. Spread 2 tsp. olive oil onto dough.
- Squeeze cooled garlic up and out of the skins and into a small bowl. smash with a fork to make a creamy garlic mixture. Spread onto oiled crust. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes. Then top with spinach, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, parmesan and pine nuts.
- Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are tender. Cut into slices and enjoy