Afrilife Rice Flour Gluten Free Fresh Pasta
This is the perfect recipe for a gluten free indulgence. It is easy to make this pasta, which requires very few ingredients.
1 1/2 cup Afrilife rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
2 tsp Xanthum Gum
1 tsp salt
- Sift the Afrilife rice flour, potato starch, xanthum gum and salt.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. It’s always better to do this in a separate bowl than putting the eggs straight into a mixer to create more air.
- In a free standing mixer, blend the flour mixture and eggs till it forms a dough. Remember, gluten free flour should not be mixed with a dough hook as it lacks the protein and can become too stiff. This process can be also done by hand.
- Make small balls out of the dough. At this point, you might need to add oil.
- Using a pasta machine, roll out the dough into a thin sheet. If you don’t have a machine, don’t worry, use a roller to roll out the pasta dough and cut into thin strips.
- Boil the pasta with water and salt until cooked. Toss with creamy sauces and toppings of your choice and serve immediately.